Monday, August 06, 2007

Not so Happy at Happy Hollow & other Boo Hoo Hoo Moments



The above picture was taken at Happy Hollow Zoo while Ken's dad was in town a couple of weeks ago. We joined the zoo and thought Mia--a thrill seeker--would love the rides. Does she look like a happy camper? Although she never cried, she kept saying, "All Done" and had that very unhappy and hesitant look. Doesn't Ken look like he's having WAY more fun?

Well this week Ken skedaddled home early from work to make the Member Appreciation Night at the Zoo. We got there at 6ish and headed straight for the carousel. This time I took Mia on the ride and as soon as I lifted her to put her on a horsey (and she loves to play horsey on our laps), she used all her strength to keep me from saddling her up. In a very anxiety-filled voice, she said, "All done, all done, all done!" My poor baby. We wound up compromising and sitting on a bench on the carousel. She clung onto me for dear life. Then each time we passed another ride, she would say, "No, no, all done!" Poor kid. Ken is hoping she'll go to Magic Mountain and ride the extreme rides with him one day. Probably not going to happen.

Mia's second Boo Hoo Hoo moment of the week happened at Sunday School today. We went to check out Peninsula Bible Church Cupertino. Ken was going to stay with her at Sunday School, but she seemed just fine so he left her to join the service. Well, since she went in with her Snack Trap of Cheerios and raisins, they assumed she had allergies and did not serve her snack. She was quite upset as she kept vigorously gesturing for and asking for the crackers, not understanding why she was not getting any. No tears, but I am sure she wholeheartedly felt the injustice of it all since crackers are her all time favorite treat (or meal when she refuses all that I put forth, but not one to be fooled, I smear peanut butter or plain old butter on them at times, we also call cereal crackers though she's quickly catching on to that one).

Last, but not least, Mia was constipated today despite yesterday's feast of plums and peaches at the Farmer's Market in the Ferry Building. This afternoon she needed to poop and she did the kim chee squat and strained so hard she finally did cry. I felt so terrible for her. The size of the poop--which Papa being in GI, thoroughly enjoyed seeing--was enormous in diameter. Just HUGE. Poor baby. Then just a couple of hours later, she dropped another load while we were out shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Yu and Ken.
I wouldn't worry about that right now. My daughter Anna was afraid of anything fast until last year (at the time, she was 4) and she suddenly wanted to go on rides that swung fast and so on. I'm sure your daughter will grow into it as she grows older.

Anonymous said...

Okay, please post a warning for those who happen to be eating while reading your entries. Here I am in beautiful Mammoth Lakes eating lunch at an establishment with WiFi and I read the end of the post, mid bite. Hmmm, not the best moment for uncle jamie