Friday, October 27, 2006
Trials and Tribulations of a Working Mom and Baby
I'm having an increasingly challenging time with Mia at work. This AM she would not nap. I purposely came to church an hour earlier so that she would have a good nap in before Papa picked her up for Kindermusik. Well, my plans were not her plans. Missy fell asleep in the 7 min. ride over and woke when we entered the church. At that point I had an option, swing her back to sleep in the seat resulting in a short nap or gamble and transfer to the crib for better sleep and a longer nap. I'm not a betting person, but I chose the latter. BIG MISTAKE. Mia wailed for nearly 10 minutes. I went back in, nursed her, swaddled her and tried again. Again she wailed for almost 10 minutes. I found her with red eyes and tear filled ears. I know those cries. They are heartwrenching sounds that say, "Where's my mama? Where are the people who love me? Why did you leave me here?" Normally when Mia cries to sleep her cries steadily lose steam and become intermittent. No so today. I let her stay up until her Papa came to pick her up for class or more accurately, she wanted to stay up and play on my lap until her Papa came. As a result I got very little done, but Mia did help print this week's bulletin. Now if only I could get her to help me fold them for small allowance. How's that for child labor? She'd probably just eat the corners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment